Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Making My Own

In late January I made myself a home office. I'm still so in love with it, so I thought I'd share!

I was coming from an awesome corner office in an old refurbished mansion in downtown OKC. It overlooked this amazing magnolia tree. It was REALLY the only thing I liked about my old job. I had to make my home office just as inviting for me, if not more so.


This was my old corner office. It was always full of natural sunlight. Not really my style but that tree was the best!


I wanted a fun cork board but didn't have the money to buy something big and framed. I decided to paint my own. Painting chevron is actually much harder than I thought. I just made a tape template to guide me (I'm sure there is an easier way out there) which ended up being very messy! It was fun though. 


I found this really affordable bookshelf at Ikea. It was very plain and I wasn't thrilled with the super light color. I decided to get some vintage wallpaper off Etsy. With the help of Russell, I used PVC glue to secure the wallpaper to the back (the rough side not the glossy fake wood side) of the cardboard backing. It added so much without over powering the simple bookshelf.


Here is the finished product! I love my home office. It fits my personality perfectly. It's practical, simple, and completely mine. Well mine and Elton John the Bunny's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment